The main new features in this release are for channel reports:
- They can now be generated from channels in a folder (not just via a channel filter).
- They can be configured to automatically mark items as read and/or remove them from workpads.
- They can now be emailed out.
- Workpad reports can now be re-generated any time the workpad changes.
- They can now group feeds items by channel (the old behaviour) or merge them all together into a single River Of News.
Many thanks to vidconf for his help testing these new features (and, um, suggesting most of them ).
Lots of other new features as well, including:
- The ability to bypass the Channel Wizard and quickly create channels using the default settings.
- A new item in the system tray menu to suspend notification balloons.
- Workpads, channel reports and filters can now be created as a copy of existing ones.
- Feed items can now be manually downloaded for reading offline.
- Channel reports and filters can now be quickly created for a My Channels folder.
Have fun y'all, alpha2 will be along Real Soon... 😎