It looks like, with the introduction of Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft have changed a few things in the way programs access the internet and in the process, broken Awasu 🙁
Symptoms of this problem are:
- Awasu gets stuck updating channels. You can tell this when the updating channels count stays the same (see screenshot), yet Awasu doesn't seem to be doing anything. Eventually, Awasu won't update any channels at all and you have to restart it.
- Awasu won't exit properly. The main window will close, but the process continues to run (you can see this in Task Manager), and if you try to run Awasu again, nothing happens.
I've produced a special version of Awasu that contains a fix for this problem and while it's a fairly straight-forward change, I'd like to send it out as a limited release for testing.
If you're seeing this problem and would like to give the new version a spin, send me an email and let me know:
- What version of Windows you are running.
- What version of Internet Explorer you are running.
- What version of Awasu you are running.
Again, you should only be seeing this if you are on IE11, but let me know if you're interested in helping out, even if you're not using IE11 - I want to make sure nothing gets broken, even for older releases.
And to the developers at Microsoft, that we all love most dearly, you're sending me important status information that I need to know about after you've told me that the connection is closed? Really? Seriously?! Guys?!?!
 This happens because the new copy of Awasu sees that there's an old copy running, so it just switches over to that one, but since it's in the process of ending, nothing seems to happen.
 Famous last words. I've been doing this long enough to know that there's no such thing as a simple change 😐