Awasu's most powerful feature is it's amazing customizability. There are so many ways to change both the way Awasu looks and works and this page is your launching point to find out more.
Template files are used to control how the content for each channel is presented. Awasu 2.2.1 introduced a much more powerful template processor and a swag of different templates ([screenshots]). Most everything you might want to do can be done solely through the use of CSS but it is also possible to get really your hands dirty are start tweaking the template files themselves.
NOTE: If your template includes external graphic files or consists of more than one or two files, it would best packaged up as a ZIP file. Please send it to us and we'll upload it and give you a URL to link to it.
These are the channel templates available for free download!
- Shades of Purple: A purple theme.
- Little Dino: Two attractive themes.
- SkyLine: A dark theme based on Awasu's Eclipse.
Plugin channels let Awasu extract information from anywhere at all, not just a web site with a feed. They can be written in any language you like and can be as short as a dozen lines! Check out the Samples sub-directory under where you installed Awasu for lots of examples.
These are the plugin channels available for free download!
- Email: Monitors a POP3 or IMAP mailbox and generates an RSS feed for the emails it contains.
- URL Monitor: Monitors one or more web pages and notifies you when they have changed.
- OPML Monitor: Monitors an OPML file and notifies you when it has changed.
- WebScrape: Scrapes a web page using regular expressions to generate a feed.
- NNTP: Generates a feed from NNTP news groups.
- Combine Feeds: Combines multiple feeds into a single feed.
- Event Log: Monitors the Windows Event Log and generates an RSS feed for it.
- Change Feed Encoding: Changes a feed's encoding to UTF-8.
- Code Project Soapbox: Generates a feed for The Code Project's Soapbox.
- XML Cleaner: Runs a feed through uTidyLib to correct errors in the RSS/Atom data.
Channel hooks are a unique feature of Awasu that transforms it into an extremely powerful information processing tool. Like plugin channels, they are small scripts (that can be written in any language) that are invoked when things happen on a channel, analyze what happened and then intelligently respond to it.
These are the channel hooks available for free download!
- MySQL: Saves feed content in a MySQL database as it arrives.
- Enclosure Transfer: Extends Awasu to operate as a podcast client for iTunes.
- Save Channel Feeds: Saves copies of a channel's XML feed as it is updated
Awasu provides native support for using XSLT and/or SOAP to manipulate feed XML. This makes it incredibly easy to query web services and other XML-based services and convert the results into a feed that Awasu can use.
These are the XSLT/SOAP files available for free download!
- Reverse Feed: Reverses the order of feed items within a feed.