IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features are not complete and you will find bugs!
You must be already running 2.1.2
or 2.1.3.alpha1 or 2.1.3.alpha2
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if
the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- It is recommended (but not necessary) that you run ResetUi.exe (in the Awasu installation directory)
to reset your UI settings. If you have customized your toolbars or keyboard shortcuts,
you may want to try skipping this step. However, if you see any problems (e.g. icons
that don't match their apparent function), you should reset your UI (toolbars
and docking windows).
Other changes and bug fixes
- Fixed the new Downloaded Files window to respond to mouse clicks correctly if Awasu
is configured to run in one-click mode.
- Fixed some problems with how files were being hidden in the Downloaded Files window.
- If a channel's Properties are modified, the channel is now updated appropriately
if it is visible in the Downloaded Files window.
- Channel summaries are now shown correctly if they are configured
to show new feed items only.
- Key fields in dialog boxes are now highlighted by using bold text.
- Removed some hint dialogs and replaced some of them with hint text
directly in the dialog they refer to.
- An XSLT file can now be specified for channels that are reading their feed
from a file.
- Moved the options relating to a channel appearing the system tray menu
and sidebar out of the main Channel Properties dialog and into their own mini-dialogs.
- If a new channel is created using the Channel Wizard and has an XSLT specified,
the XSLT is now always applied to the initial download of the feed.
- Fixed a bug where deleted channels (especially if they were deleted because
they had expired) would sometimes come back to life the next time Awasu was run.
- External scripts and plugins are now passed the short version of the config file's
path as their command-line argument.
- Update the channel count in the My Channels caption correctly when turning on
Always show channels with update errors in My Channels.
- Provide better user feedback when the ArchiveMaintenance tool has finished
- Added an optimization to let Awasu shutdown a bit faster.
- Let Awasu's temporary files be stored in a directory configured in the user's
DEBUG.INI file (instead of having to set
the TMP environment variable).
- Changed the default amount of time back Awasu will show feed content from
(from 7 days to 1 month).
- Tweaked the appearance of the default channel summary templates.
- Automatically select the first item in property lists.
- Fixed a typo in a toolbar button tooltip.
- The full-screen toolbar button in the channel windows is broken (F11 still works).
- Some images do not draw correctly if your display is set to show 16-bit images.
- Images in the Task Pane don't draw correctly in versions of Windows other than XP
if your display is set to 32-bit (we are still waiting for a fix from a third-party vendor
to resolve this issue).