IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and there will probably be bugs!
You must be already running 2.3.2.alpha2.
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- Unpack this ZIP file into the Awasu installation directory: bcg953u2.zip
Item content filters
The big new feature in this release is the ability to modify your feed content
before it is shown on-screen. You simply enter a regular expression that specifies
what you are looking for, and then some text to replace it with. As usual, these
can be configured globally or for each channel individually.
The main application of this is to remove advertising from your feed content and
the Pro Edition will automatically download rules to do this. Let us know if
you are subscribed to any feeds that are not already handled and we'll add them in.
Advanced Edition users can add their own rules manually.
Minor changes and bug fixes
- When the Channel Wizard is started with a feed URL preloaded, it now correctly distinguishes between the different types of feed (Internet-based, file-based or plugin).
- Worked around a problem in the third-party GUI toolkit Awasu uses that stopped the Window menu from tracking open browser tabs
- Worked around a problem introduced by a third-party tool that broke things when running from a Windows account that has non-English characters in its name.
- Reduced a lot of the flickering.
- Tweaked the way email addresses in RSS feeds are parsed.
- Worked around a problem in a Microsoft component that sometimes caused Awasu to silently crash and disappear when downloading feed items for offline reading.
- Changed the way channel windows load their content.
- Stopped the Channel Wizard from issuing a spurious "Can't open the XML file" error if the feed for the new channel couldn't be downloaded.
- Enabled auto-complete when browsing for files, directories or URL's.
- Tweaked the regular expression engine to better handle searching multi-line content.
- Always allow certain safe HTML attributes through when processing templates.
- Fixed a problem that was causing strange things to happen when trying to invoke a channel hook command.
- Tidy up messages before showing them in notification balloons.
- The channel packs are downloaded and checks for new versions of Awasu are now done more frequently.
- Fixed a problem that was stopping admin.exe from running if certain special accounts are present on your system.